Friday, February 12, 2010

Sixth Grade OLYMPIC GOLD

What a wonderful week we had.
~
We prepared in many ways.
Every day there was a 'little something OLYMPIC.'
One of my students was busy dreaming up a Jello recipe.
It received a GOLD MEDAL for effort, taste and perfection!
There were BIG smiles when this was 'unveiled.'
We had our own version of passing the 'torch.'
We passed around our paper chains of OLYMPIC colors...

...and...
Miga, Quatchi and Sumi, the Olympic mascots, connected each student's chain.
Some of my After School Book Club students stayed a little later on Thursday to decorate the back wall in preparation for our OLYMPIC celebration day.
We'll be adding more flags when we return from winter break...
...and we will begin our Reading Olympics competition!

Several students took home extra crafts and even spent time making
OLYMPIC
mascot finger puppets!

Maria was busy making 48 cupcakes.

The Wonder Company made these cute pins ~ they became my cupcake deco's!

Wonderful OLYMPIC snacks to enjoy while I read the book Koralee sent me.
Thanks again, Koralee!

We had great fun at our OLYMPIC Extraveganza.

I hope you enjoy all the
OLYMPIC   FUN
That's about to unfold! 

Thank you Canada for hosting such an incredible event!

17 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful teacher....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an upbeat (and yummy) celebration to start the Olympic games! I'm watching opening ceremonies as I write this. Your students will benefit immensely from your efforts, Maria. Enjoy the long weekend and the Games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your students are happy to be in your classroom, Maria.
    Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...everything looked amazing...you are such a unbelievable teacher!!! I adore all your ideas. Those cupcakes with those pins were perfect. What a fun fun day.
    We have our opening ceremony on Monday ...the whole shcool is involved. Life has been so crazy here. It is a busy but such a fun time. Off to enjoy more today.
    Thank you so so much for sharing. I knew your party would be great! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like great fun and I bet you have champion readers. Enjoy your "winter break." I didn't know you guys got that and do you also have spring break?

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW FUN! I CAN TELL THAT YOU ARE A WONDERFUL TEACHER TOO...LUCKY STUDENTS! IT ALL LOOKS SO GOOD. HAVE A WONDERFUL VALENTINES DAY TOO...COME SAY HI WHEN YOU CAN ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're watching the Olympics right now Maria. I love them!
    Sixth grade was one of my favorite years in school. I know I would have loved being in your class. What a great celebration!!
    Have a Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your students are lucky! Looks like so much fun to be had in your class! Happy Valentines to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW!
    This makes me miss teaching!!
    What grade do you teach?
    When we lived in Alabama...I taught First Grade!
    Taught Kindergarten for 11 years!
    I know I would have had to have that new children's book..love those characters!
    Love how your student's decorated that back wall!
    Happy Valentine's Sweetie!
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Maria,
    How lucky your students are to have you for their teacher!! You are making learning fun and memorable for them. Thank you for your love of children and your dedication to teaching them!! I am enjoying the Olympic Games so much. You know about all I watch on tv is sports, and the Olympics are one of my favorite sporting events. Sending happy Valentine wishes your way! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    Thanks for popping in and for your lovely message.Will be back again soon to get to know you a bit more.

    Bellaboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How amazingly colorful and creative! School was never so much fun when I was young - although I received a great education and learned much anyway. (I'm not complaining.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mom,
    I want to be in your class! You are such an inspiring teacher!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would have LOVED to have a teacher like you.xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fortunate your students are to have you as their teacher! And, may I just say... The Jell-O mold was quite worthy of the Gold medal it received!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What were the rings made out of inside the jello?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I'm answering your question about the Olympic Gold jello. One of my students made this fun treat. It was all made of jello. She followed the recipe for jello jigglers. I believe it uses less water than the original recipe. Thanks for visiting!
    ~ Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~