Monday, January 4, 2010

Making the First Day Back Fun

A few nice things you do for yourself
and others
Can make a day seem so much better!

It can be just a little thing...
Like a sweater vest.
 ~
My daughter, Amanda surprised me last week with a package in the mail.
She bought a darling sweater vest at Sears that I just loved...
I went out to find one too... but to no avail - they were sold out!
After she got back to her town,
she found one at her Sears and surprised me with it!

We match on our first day back after vacation ~vests, shirts and even bags!
How Fun!
*  *  *
...Then...
...there's Kathy Alderfer's sweet jewelry I bought this December.


I saw her jewelry after visiting Anneliese's post, and purchased earrings for my daughters and a bracelet set for myself.  They are indeed as lovely as they look online.



They're shipped ready to gift!

Amanda LOVES pumpkin pie ...so she got the pumpkin spice earrings.
Rachael LOVES peaches... so hers are the swarovski "summer peaches."

With my new sweater vest ready to wear and the bracelet set that just happened to match...

...it was actually FUN getting ready for work today.
*
I'm grateful for those early moments of fun before I drove off on the ice!
*
Hope you find a little fun in your week!
*  * 
*


13 comments:

  1. mom,
    it was so fun to match today! I really enjoyed getting ready for work myself. I also love those earings you got me for Christmas!! Thanks so much for your sweet gifts, and knowing spirit. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet!! love your vest too. and the fact that you and your daugher matched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Maria...full of mother-daughter love and appreciation. Matching is good and so is fun! I'm wearing a sweater vest this morning myself!
    Wishing you more fun in 2010!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post and i really enjoyed reading it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this post... as said, filled with mother/daughter love. Beautiful pictures and thank you for sharing Kathy's Artful Accents. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like sisters...not mother and daughter! Don't we just love our girls? I only wish mine lived closer...I'm sure you do too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great feeling to wear something new and pretty. And even greater that your daughter was able to do the same!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet Maria...my day is always a lot better if I love what I am wearing..what thoughtfulness..like mother..like daughter. My first day back was amazing..my students were so filled with excitement and stories...they were so happy to see me...teaching really is the best reward ever! Hope your day was just as bright in your lovely new sweater vest! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Maria, How I enjoyed thinking of your daughter and you heading off to work in "matching" vests! Fun! I am fond of those peach earrings myself - may have to visit that site...
    Hope your first days back at school went well. My Grands only start again tomorrow (Wed) - they just left to go home. I'm recuperating...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, what a fun post! Thanks for the honor of being included in your blog. Glad you and your daughters are enjoying the jewelry creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet. I've been teaching off & on for 30 years and steadily for 20--still excited for the first day of a semester!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~