Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pajama Dreams

I love Saturday mornings!
I can stay in my pajamas for as long as I want.

When family is visiting breakfast can last for hours.
This Saturday morning, over our first cup of coffee, my daughter, Rachael, told me all about a dream she had just before waking. Here's her dream:
Everyone in our family was hanging around the living room in our PJ's casually chatting... all of the sudden, I realized it was 3pm and Juan and I needed to be at the Church for our Wedding in 1/2 hour! I was still in my PJ's with dirty hair and no makeup on. I started hyperventilating as I jumped in the shower and realized that I was going to have to do my own hair & makeup! Then I started thinking that I didn't even know who would show up because I couldn't remember sending out any invitations. I got more nervous when I realized that Juan and I didn't have a place to live, and that we'd probably have to live in our current apartments until Juan's lease expired in June! It was a complete moment of panic until I woke up and realized that our Wedding isn't for another 8 months. Phew!!!
I listened intently... then said, "Rachael, when I was young, I used to have "pajama dreams" all the time... still in my pajamas and suddenly realizing I needed to be somewhere.

Then, I burst into laughter realizing that my dreams came true...
Now... I'm
still in my pajamas until the very last minute every day... and, on purpose!

Thanks, Rachael!
That was a great way to realize something amusing about myself.

Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh at yourself more often!

7 comments:

  1. Oh those panic dreams! I think we've all had them.It sounds like Rachael is worried that things may not go just right. I think that is natural. Funny that you both have pajama dreams! Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one and thanks that your shared with us !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria!
    Lately my Sunday mornings have been like this! We are currently w/o a home church, so I stay in my pj's and listen to the LIVE message from Times Square Church in New York City! The worship is incredible and the messages are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me smile, Maria! Don't you just love to wake up from dreams like that and realize it was only a dream!! In my dreams, I used to wear my pajamas to school all the time. Now that I am retired, I stay in my pj's all day if I want to!! Retirement is so much fun!! Thank you for stopping by for a visit today. I always enjoy your company. Have a beautiful Sunday and a great week ahead. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made your dreams come true in a nice relaxed way Maria...
    I do the same thing ..having no near neighbors, I even go outside in PJ's for breakfast. Once I even ended up in the field to take a photo of the sunrise in my pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, Maria,
    I was beginning to get nervous for Rachael - even though it was only a dream! I put on my PJ's early in the evening to "lounge" and relax. I get up and out to exercise so early that I normally can't stay in them in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is to funny. Well it's fun to stay in our PJ's especially on Saturdays and I love to have my coffee in bed on Saturday mornings...
    Why not?
    I'm sure your wedding plans will be come together, as long as we can get you a new wardrobe in time, rather than your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~