Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Power of Now

We've been watching the TV show "Dog Whisperer" for weeks now!
I just love that show...
Cesar Milan is teaching me more about myself than anyone has in a long time! What is the energy that people and other living things (my two dogs for ex.) feel around me?

As a teacher, I am finding the lessons learned on "Dog Whisperer" to be superior to any of the methods and psychology classes I have ever taken. With what energy am I approaching each class, each student? With what energy am I enter into meetings with colleagues or parents?

Cesar Milan's mantra is that dogs "live in the now." They are generally easier to teach and to rehabilitate than humans. Why do we hold onto our weaknesses, bad habits, our sorrows and worries for so long?

All of this has inspired me to read another book by Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now. I read "A New Earth" and participated in his online class on Oprah.com. "A New Earth" gave me fantastic insights into my own faith and interesting perspectives into scripture.
I am reading
The Power of Now with other family members. Hope to see them here at Calm Energy!
~ Have a Blessed night ~ Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments add sunshine to my day~